Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Boca Raton Bowl

Busy time at work, Christmas falling on a Tuesday is a giant pain in the ass for programmers if we have any plans to take time off.


Boca Raton Bowl - UAB vs Northern Illinois

A jammed packed crowd for the Blazers against the Huskies.


I checked in at the start to get the screen cap and then came back to watch the second half live.  I like to catch Highly Questionable (on DVR) and Jeopardy and this match up could wait.

And I was right, UAB kicked some MAC butt, up 27-10 on NIU at the half.  UAB wide receiver Xavier Ubosi was running past NIU defenders on fly routes and catching easy touchdowns. The Huskies were out of gas in the second half.

Nice story with UAB.  That program was shut down and restarted just two years ago. Blazers finish 11-3.  There are a lot good football players in Alabama.

UAB 37  NIU 13

What Did I Eat:  Leftover red beans and rice from last week.  Pretty dicey choice but it was okay.

Bowl Swag:  Custom fit Sanibel Sunglasses; Logoed drawstring bags; Logoed autographed footballs; Logoed beach towels; logoed USB charger.  I'm guessing players have most of this stuff already.

Game Grade:  2 stars, an extra star for Ubosi

My pick:  UAB, I'm now 5-1

Boca Raton is just down the road from Del Boca Vista


Now, where is my Festivus pole?

1 comment: