Saturday, December 29, 2018

Michigan Lost

That's the best thing I can come up with on a day of horrible games prior to the Orange Bowl.  All the games today through the Cotton Bowl were terrible. 


This Notre Dame fan sums up the entire day prior to the Orange Bowl. Those are some big money seats to watch his team get destroyed. Thanks Dad.

Belk Bowl - Virginia vs. South Carolina

I watched the first quarter and checked back in. 

Virginia 28  South Carolina 0

What Did I Eat:  Some queso and chips.

Bowl Swag:  $450 shopping trip to a Belk store, Fossil Watch.  I'll never forget the time the Arkansas player was charged for shoplifting at Belk when he had a free trip through the store.

My Pick:  South Carolina

Peach Bowl - Michigan vs. Florida

Big Game Jim Harbaugh lost again. Michigan was in serious consideration to be in the playoff before getting drummed in Columbus. They lost to Notre Dame, enough said. This was an embarrassment. 

I watched the second quarter in full, had it on the twin screen.

Florida 41  Michigan 15

What Did I Eat:  Nothing

Bowl Swag:  $300 Vanilla Visa gift card, Peach Bowl Fossil watch, Mophie Powerstation, XL, Amazon Echo Dot 3, souvenir football.  I searched ebay for one of these footballs, no player sells them. 

My Pick:  Michigan, I'm an idiot

Arizona Bowl - Arkansas State vs. Nevada

This game has no business being around.  I watched the second quarter.  It lasted forever. It was 10-10 at the end of regulation at it took over three and a half hours prior to overtime.  How is that possible?  It's like the Cheez-It Bowl had a baby and this was it. 

Nevada 16  Arkansas State 13 (OT)

What Did I Eat:  Nothing

Bowl Swag:  Ghostek backpack with a power bank and external USB port, Beats Buds, Kindle Fire with built in Alexa, hydro flask, cooling towel, Frito Lays products.  I'm not joking, the players got free chips. 

My Pick:  Nevada

Cotton Bowl - Notre Dame vs. Clemson

Another blow out, this is getting tiresome. If you like college football you likely watched it and don't need my analysis.  I watched the whole game. It was terrible.

Clemson 30  Notre Dame 3

What Did Eat:  Cashews, some potato chips

Bowl Swag:  No idea, they don't disclose the player gifts. The Cotton Bowl likes secrets. 

My Pick:  Clemson, I'm not an idiot.  My record is 16-10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment